Sunday, June 24, 2007

Reluctant Opening

I have an addiction to starting things. I start websites and blogs and craft projects and novels on a regular basis. This addiction often prevents me from finishing anything. Ever. Which is why I am reluctantly writing the opening post of yes, a new blog.

I always want a summer project. This summer my project-on-the-side (you know, next to the paying job) has been to see if I can actually make money on the internet! I've pored through reviews and FAQs and wikis all to see what the best schemes are and what the best ways to go about them are.

I ran across this article which gives a pretty good overview of lots of ways to make money online, some of which I'd heard of, and some not. One new one was the idea of being paid to review something on a blog. Unfortunately, this requires (surprise, surprise) a moderately well-established blog. In my enterprising nature I thought, "Sure, I could have a well-established blog and do this and make money on the side!" but I realized that such was not the case and that in my desire to forever begin projects anew, I will never follow through.

(Sorry, didn't mean to rhyme that one.)

The one thing I have kept up with is my work through Google. Google is so EASY! You just sign up for the one account, it's only one password to remember, and you have all sorts of applications at your fingertips! Including Blogger!

So we'll see. I've got lots of time to kill at my job, and I'm trying to put it to good use. Basically the idea is to see if I can bum around online and accidentally earn some cash along the way, which is better than none!

To keep myself organized, so I don't forget to check my earnings anywhere, links to sites I'm currently using (and my username, in case you want to look up my work, or I forget what my login is...) will be to the side.

Could this be... off in the distance ... is that what I think it is? My goodness yes!

A PLAN!

No comments: