Monday, June 25, 2007

Harder Than It Looks

Well, after getting all seven of my tips rejected in less than a day by DayTipper, I'm officially giving up on them. I did my research, tried to write well and on a variety of topics, but alas, no luck.

At least I've earned four cents on the content sites.

Normally at this point I'd get discouraged. But since I have the time to do this when I'm on the clock, I might as well, right? Four extra cents per week is more than I would otherwise be adding to my income.

It's funny, I'm now at the point where these pennies seem like Monopoly money or points, rather than spendable cash. Who would do this for the spendable cash? It's a crazy lot of hoops.

3 comments:

Trix said...

hello there, Jesse here...thanks for linking me. I will do the same a bit later in the day.We have some really bad power problems in this area lately..last nite we were without electrical power for hours and hours, its really insane.Being in south africa has its good points, but the power outages suck!! I see you havent been having very much luck with the writing for money thing? I think the secret is to have lots of traffic, only then would those things succeed.I know because I have struggled too.still am, in fact.Thats why I am trying so hard to get loads of traffic.Did you join comunities like mybloglog yet? by being there and communicating with other bloggers, my traffic has increased, its a start.Other bloggers come and visit your site, driving a lot more traffic and page views, this will eventually help with the whole earn money online thing.I too am learning as I go.Just dont give up!Glad to link up with you in this crazy sea of bloggers, lol....keep in touch

pbjams54 said...

Hello. Do comments increase traffic?

Samantha said...

Thanks Jesse!

pbjams54: I'm not sure what your question means exactly. Does this answer it? Comments are evidence of traffic, and if people see that a blog has comments they may be more likely to revisit it since it is popular. Otherwise, no, I don't think so.