Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Fine Line

I haven't done much with Triond lately, mainly because while they do pay, they don't pay much, and having learned more and more about this content creation/revenue-sharing endeavor, it quickly bleeds into freelance writing. And for freelance writing, Triond pays peanuts.

1) If I were to actually come up with a business plan I would design two or three blogs around interesting and popular topics I feel confident writing about, and work on those for fun until they become three months old, at which point I would sign up for all the different paid posting sites.

2) Even without a business plan I can see that sites which don't advertise how much you might reasonably expect to make and which actually pay you maybe a couple dollars a month just aren't worth the bang for your buck. NicheBlast is not like the others. They are very upfront about how much you are likely to make on average, and in the beginning it's $4.00 per month, per article. Why so much? Because they have four sites which fill a niche, and articles which require the writer to write well and do research. Even so it only took me about 20 minutes for each of the two test articles I wrote. If you're on the paid to click side of things, this might not be for you, but if you fancy yourself a writer in any way, give it a try.

1 comment:

user said...

Hello, I found your post interesting. I personally have had very much success with Triond, making over $10 a month. For something done online that requires so little work, I find it works very well. I find that it all depends on the content you create for them. The more unique it is, the more people are interested, and the more you make!