Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Best

Ironic as it may be, I think the best and most time-effective methods of earning money online are through article-writing sites.

Helium, Triond, and Associated Content are all well and good, but they are pretty indiscriminate in terms of what content they take. The closer you get to freelance writing, the better off you'll be. Look at it this way, even if an article that pays $60 (which is low for quality freelance work) takes you three, four, or even five times longer to write than an article for those other sites, you're still making over 100x what you would make on that other article, even if it were posted at all three sites.

I think paid posting is a nice middle ground if you don't want to put in too much effort and you like the blogosphere. You can increase your earnings as your reputation increases by writing on specific subjects, but a little more casually than if you were writing articles. However, since I've begun "the real thing," i.e., a blog about things that interest me, I've discovered how much more difficult it is to promote a blog that's not in this "making money" niche. I hope, though, that it will be easier to get regular readers, and I know that with a topic I'm more passionate about, I will be able to produce higher quality content.

Expect further bulletins as warranted, but on a less frequent basis.

1 comment:

C. Wilson said...

Hi you have been tagged. Go to my blog at http://cwilson26.blogspot.com and read my post and the rules of the tag. You have to create a new post and write 8 interesting facts about yourself. Then choose 8 other bloggers and tag them as well. Then leave them a comment letting them know about the tag and to read your blog so they will know what to do. :)